about me     |     art     |     design     |     diy     |     tutorials     |     links     |     portfolio     |     shop     |     contact

Make it Monday : Cooking Day

Monday, May 21, 2012

Happy Monday! Yesterday, I spent most of the day in the kitchen. After the last time I made Red Velvet Brownies, my coworkers have kept telling me that I needed to make some more. So I planned on making them blue this time. I made a triple batch, ran out of sugar - had to run out to the store - and then back to baking. I had neon blue food dye left from my Tron cupcakes so I used that... but oddly, the cookies turned out a greenish/teal color.

While they baked, I made myself a nice strawberry & raspberry smoothie. After they were baked, they cooled, I cut them up, iced them and put them in some containers to take to work. There were SOO many brownies. Holy moly.





The last photo is my crockpot dinner. Chicken, beans, corn, carrots, onions cooked in cilantro and... I forgot what sauce. But I put it all over some rice. I tell you what, it was pretty tasty. Tonight is homemade Chipotle burritos.

Also, the brownies were a HUGE hit today. People told me that I should sell these. That made me smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...