about me     |     art     |     design     |     diy     |     tutorials     |     links     |     portfolio     |     shop     |     contact

Red Velvet Brownies

Monday, April 16, 2012




Before the move, an awesome coworker of mine use to give me rides in the afternoon whenever he could. It was only a ride to my old college, but it made commuting a little bit easier for Gadget and myself. Tell you what, I definitely don't miss that commute! When this coworker's birthday came around, I promised him some homemade goodies of his choosing - he wanted red velvet something.

I unfortunately had to move the same week, so I had no time or money to bake. I crounged up some money to buy him a store bought cake (to share with the rest of the guys at work too) - the cake was surprisingly delicious. But it came with another price - I still owed him some red velvet...

But I wanted to make something completely different - not a cake or cupcakes. Cookies... Cake pops... Donuts... So many ideas (thank you Pinterest) until I finally decided on some red velvet brownies. I found a lot of different recipes, and decided on the recipe from A Farmgirl's Dabbles. The recipe was easier to follow than many and didn't need as many ingredients as some others. I didn't have all the ingredients - I had NO flour in my house.

Gadget and I went to the grocery store late Friday night and I grabbed most of the ingredients that I needed - at least the ones I could remember. Saturday, I went out for a while, and picked up some last minute items that I forgot. I almost made the brownies on Saturday, but I waited. One of the reasons was that I didn't have the metal parts for my hand mixer, and honestly, I don't even know if it works anymore. I ran to Wal-Mart yesterday morning and bought a $6 mixer. As I prepared all my ingredients,  Gadget decided to take Snow to the Dog Park and I didn't want to miss out on that. When we got back, I got to work on the brownies.




Everything was going smoothly until I slightly overcooked the brownies. I like my brownies slightly undercooked. And the only major change I made with the recipe was to use cream cheese frosting. Some of the other recipes called for that instead of buttercream, so I bought store-bought frosting. It was surprisingly yummy.

It was dark out by the time I finished icing them, so I don't have any finished photos (my little kitchen lights aren't great). I'll try to grab a photo or two today before the brownies are devoured by all of my coworkers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...