about me     |     art     |     design     |     diy     |     tutorials     |     links     |     portfolio     |     shop     |     contact

Weekend Trip & Sky Diving

Thursday, August 22, 2013

We went to the Poke-Your-Nose!! I joke of course... we did go up to the Poconos to visit some of Gadget's family. Friday was his birthday and Sunday was his sister's birthday, so it was a little family get-together. There were 10 of us - which, for his family, should be categorized as a TEENY TINY family get-together.

His father has a house in the Poconos that I love visiting because the house is gorgeous and is FULL of art from his travels around the world. There is so much natural light in his house, it's pretty spectacular.


We left Friday evening, picked up our nephew and were on our way - it was a 4 hour drive. I was shoved in the backseat with Snow and tried to sleep as much as I could. Everyone else arrived Friday evening and Saturday morning. Once everyone had arrived (and everyone else was awake), we goofed off outside for a bit - well, mostly Gadget. Side note - you see that awesome Deadpool shirt he's wearing, I got him that for his birthday - it's a pretty badass shirt!!


Never a dull moment in this family, Gadget's father decided a great family activity would be to go sky diving (or as my mother-in-law would say, "plane diving"). The airfield was right down the street, and the planes actually pass overhead of the house as they climb and every once in a while you can see a parachute from the porch. It's pretty cool.


There were four of us who did NOT jump. I was perfectly comfortable on the ground, taking pictures and video. They had a blast though! I did get to really get a lot of use out of my 10x zoom lens on my iphone, which was really cool - it's really the only reason I was able to get some of the shots that I did. The picture of the plane below... that's WITH the 10x zoom lens. That plane was really high, and you could barely see when people jumped out - they were as small as a pinhead in the sky. It was pretty crazy.


Don't they look like astronauts!?  I'm so unbelievably proud of Gadget - next time, maybe I'll join in... MAYBE.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...