about me     |     art     |     design     |     diy     |     tutorials     |     links     |     portfolio     |     shop     |     contact

My Vacation is over...

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

I've been with the company I work with for 3 and a half years - and other than a few days here and there around the holidays, I've never taken a vacation. I've always been beaten to the punch at snagging a certain week off (which is how I missed my Mother's wedding last year). This year, when the family in New York picked a week for the annual family cookout, we grabbed plane tickets ASAP (ie. back in February). Gadget wasn't sure if he was going to be able to get off work, so I went on my own.

It was a crazy, busy busy week. I don't think I've ever done so much when I've gone away... ever!

I drove up to my Aunt's on Friday afternoon and flew out to NY Saturday morning. It was still another hour (PLUS... stupid traffic) out to my mom's house... and Saturday night was the Nana Cares' Disco Dance Fundraiser. Sunday was the family cookout; we spent the whole day Monday & Wednesday at a cousin's pool; Tuesday was spent 20 miles offshore, fishing on a boat; Thursday, I flew back to MD. I stayed at my Aunt's house Thursday night, Gadget (& SNOW!) met up with me and we went off to Grandma's Friday morning. I had a friend who was having a birthday over on Assateague Island - which is only an hour from my Grandma's - so we were going to meet them there. Well, at the last minute, Gadget changed his mind, and we went home. >sad face<

I spent all day yesterday relaxing, watching Ink Master, Tattoo Nightmares, Teen Wolf, and Tanked. I also went grocery shopping... but that's never very exciting.

Overall, it was a pretty awesome vacation - and I'll wear my crazy sunburn with pride! I got out of the house and did stuff - I went swimming, caught some fish and had a great time with my family. I'll be sharing some more photos as the week goes on of the different fun things that happened during my vacation!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...