about me     |     art     |     design     |     diy     |     tutorials     |     links     |     portfolio     |     shop     |     contact

Thinking about Bikes

Friday, April 12, 2013

It has been between 85° and 93° this week. Its been awful waiting outside for buses - and even worse the bus is an hour late AND the heat is on full blast. I greatly dislike the hot weather. Getting a car for myself was my top resolution for this year, but sadly it's just not financially doable right now. I thought about getting a scooter - and I've been tossing around the idea of getting a bicycle.

I live only 12 miles from work, but it takes hours to get home on public transit - in a car, it's only 20 minutes. It's a huge waste of time and I'm unable to do anything during the commute. I can't read, draw, play games, nothing! I get terrible motion sickness on the bus. That time adds up and I can't help but think of all the work I could get done in a week with that time.

So I've started doing some research into different types of bikes and have been weighing my options. Not only would it be super beneficially in shortening my commute, but it's great exercise (of which I definitely need to do more of). It'll also be great for the short trips I make during the weekends to go shopping - I won't have to wait on and pay for a stupid bus that's probably super late - and it would be soo much faster!!

I've collected a bunch of imagery of different bike styles and types that I've been looking at. I'm trying to keep the price low too - cause there are so many other things that I need to get to go along with it such as a lock, a basket, a helmet, etc. I also was looking at some crazy bikes (G-J) just for fun - those are more for carting groceries (and Snow?)



A // B // C // D // E // F // G // H // I // J


I'd probably ride to work in different clothes and change, but maybe ride home in my clothes? I dunno, but I'd like to look nice like some of these fancy girls. And it definitely needs to be a pretty bike (it will probably get a paint job).


A // B // C // D // E // F


This is all still up in the air, and there are still so many things I would need to iron out in my commuting - Gadget takes me to work, so how would the bike come with me? There is NO way a bike would ever fit in our car... and he refuses to put a bike rack on the back. My thought? A folding bike! The one I'm looking into is surprisingly a LOT cheaper than I expected.




And something else i thought about - the ability to possibly bike with Snow! That would take a lot of work in training him, but would be pretty awesome. I also love the idea of a doggy trailer or sidecar - how funny is that?!


A // B // C // D // E // F

We'll see! Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...