about me     |     art     |     design     |     diy     |     tutorials     |     links     |     portfolio     |     shop     |     contact

Sunday Sumup #8

Sunday, March 24, 2013

Hey there! It's Sunday - meaning tomorrow is Monday... I don't wanna go to work tomorrow. It doesn't help that I'm a bit under the weather today... it just makes me want to curl up on the couch with Shai or Snow (not both at the same time, YIKES!) and just sleep.

This is what I've been up to this week:
As always, to view these in real time, be sure to follow me on Instagram.


Last Sunday, I decided to make myself a week's worth of salad lunches. This is both healthier and good for my wallet. I had a lot of people ask me if they'd keep well, and they did! It was only 5 days, but they kept wonderfully. It may have to do with the fact that I don't add my dressing until I'm ready to eat it, and also the new "green" containers that I got that are suppose to keep food fresh. I found these at my local Dollar Tree! Monday night, I made some homemade French Bread pizza. They were GOOD. ...Randomly in the wee hours of Tuesday morning, I found my big camera!! It was very exciting, but also confusing... I have no idea why it was where I found it.


When I was at work, we still had tons of ice cream left over from Pi Day, so I had an afternoon snack. Then I took some random photos from around my job and on my bus ride home.


With the new combo-position, I'm in charge of making sure the front desk/lobby looks nice. I took a trip to the Dollar Store Wednesday afternoon and got a bunch of stuff - including some fake flowers and a vase. I used a mixture of 2 different blue paints, mixed it up, and painted the inside of the vase. It's super glossy and has the random speck of glitter because of the one paint. I've gotten lots of compliments on it at work - especially since a lot of people were fooled into thinking they were real flowers. I can't take care of flowers - besides, we don't have any windows in this place!


Haha! I love this first image. My nephew texted me in the middle of the day from class - and then I proceeded to listen to Disney music for the rest of the day. I even got my friend Jane (from work) listening to Disney music back at her desk! Muahaha! For Foreign Food Thursday lunch, we went and got authentic Chinese food. It was so delicious! Yuummmmm.


Friday was a crazy busy day. When I finally got to the bus stop, I had a bit of wait - so I got Coldstone ice cream. In case it's not obviously, I really like ice cream - I don't care if I do look like a crazy person standing outside in the cold all bundled up eating an ice cream while waiting for a bus. (If only I had photos of that!) When I got home, I got to work on dinner - Garlic Shrimp & Roasted vegetables. This is the 2nd time I've made vegetables this way, and will be doing a lot more of it in the future.


Friday night and Saturday morning, I cleaned the living room and kitchen like crazy... and once our handyman left, I went out. I went to Michaels, Rainbow, Home Depot and 5 Below. I got this little Stegosaurus at Michaels for $1 and the spray paint at Home Depot - I'm sure you can guess what happened to him. I also got this step stool for work from 5 Below. Saturday night dinner was stuffed peppers - always a favorite in this house. And today - since I haven't been feeling well, I've really done nothing but pick spots to lay around the house and watch Hulu - mostly Grimm, because well... Nick. Mmmmmm. Bakia had a friend over, so I called him on his way back and asked him for the most random thing ever - Spring Rolls & Ginger Ale. He kinda laughed at me, but he was awesome and got them for me. Apparently when I have this monthly issue, COLD food is best. Who knew?

And that's my week... in a nut shell. You guys are slowly starting to see how truly crazy I can be! I have some big plans for the blog this week, and depending on how busy I am at work, hopefully I can get the big surprise up and going!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...