about me     |     art     |     design     |     diy     |     tutorials     |     links     |     portfolio     |     shop     |     contact

Life : Jersey Bound

Sunday, May 13, 2012

I don't really want to start ranting on this blog too much, so if you don't want to read a rant, then there's nothing to see here. It's been a very short, but busy week. Gadget's cousin graduated from college yesterday morning, so we drove to Jersey to see her and the -very- extended family.

It was an adventure getting there too. Gadget slept in too late, we left an hour after we had planned, and we planned on stopping at Giant to grab some drinks and snacks for the road. I had won a $10 gift card and Gadget needed his disgusting "smoke sticks" so we had to get in the customer service line. FOURTY FIVE minutes later, we finally got out of Giant. That entire time was spent in line. It was the most ridiculous thing I've ever experienced.

Can I just say this now...? I HATE being late - with a passion - with every fiber of my being, I hate being late to ANYTHING. It's just how I am and how I was raised. Living with Gadget, I've gotten use to being late and don't really get too upset about it anymore. When it comes to his family get-togethers, I know it's not a big deal, cause they're all usually 3-4 hours late for everything. But personally, I hate making people wait. I think it's rude and inconsiderate.

Basically, after 4 hours, we arrived to an incredibly hot house. We grabbed food, spent a little bit of time inside - then went outside for the rest of the afternoon. I didn't put a lot of food on my plate, 1. some of the food I knew I didn't like so I didn't take any, and 2. because I already had an upset stomach and I knew some of the food would make it worse (LOTS of African food - spicy and such). I, of course, got yelled at for not taking more food - and his family doesn't seem to understand the concept of No. Apparently, I was being rude for not taking more food. No. I'd be rude for taking the food and then not eating it. Meh.

Anyway, a few hours later, after eating and hanging out and yada yada. We start getting called to go to the front yard to take pictures. I don't like getting my picture taken, and neither does Gadget. We were taking our time getting out there and then the screaming came and every person in the house started getting in on it. Once we had a couple pictures taken, we went back to the shade out back. Then they started screaming some more. Really? >sigh<

I enjoyed seeing his family, but needless to say, it was a very frustrating afternoon.

So we had planned on leaving at 9-9:30. It's a 3 hour trip, and we needed to be back for the animals. His family didn't seem to understand that... and of course, we didn't get out of there until 10-10:30. Which is a lot earlier than I really expected. But of course, they sent us off with food. We initially grabbed a single ziplock bag. >insert yelling about not taking more food< We grabbed another ziplock bag. >more yelling(not angry yelling, mind you)< Eventually, Gadget's aunts were filling ziplock bags and we filled half a garbage bag with this ziplock bags. A garbage bag. REALLY!? So much special.

We got home at like... 1:30AM? I was half asleep through most of the ride, I wanted to sleep cause I was tired. But I didn't want to sleep and make Gadget drive "alone." He told me to go right ahead, but it was hard sleeping when he was driving... lets just say, he was driving WAY to fast. So of course, here it is, 6AM on a Sunday, and I'm awake. Stupid internal alarm clock.

1 comment:

  1. i´m happy with your blog. Come to check out mine.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...