about me     |     art     |     design     |     diy     |     tutorials     |     links     |     portfolio     |     shop     |     contact

The Avengers was Awesome

Wednesday, May 16, 2012



Gadget and I went finally got to see The Avengers! We went to a late showing of it in IMAX 3D last night - since it's probably going to be the last week it will be available. The movie started at 10:30PM and ended at 1:00AM - we wake up between 4:30 and 5:00AM every morning. Anyway... on to my "review."

Of the movies thus far in the Avengers series... I really only liked IronMan (#2 was meh). I saw the 2nd rendition of the Hulk and wasn't really interested; finally saw parts of the 1st one - ugh, awful! I recently watched Captain America - wasn't overall impressed with the movie. It started off great, then it sorta flatlined. Then there's Thor - wasn't a terrible movie, but it was definitely lack-luster. I actually had some hope for it, being that it was directed by Kenneth Branagh... but it didn't feel like a super hero movie. It was a pretty movie, but the humor was forced, the pacing was weird, and I felt like the story was subpar. IronMan 2 was the same for me, though much better than Thor - still, so much forced humor and weird pacing. The first IronMan holds a special place in my heart - I love it.

On to The Avengers. With the way the other movies were going, I told myself I wasn't going to see this movie. I assumed the worse, long before the movie was released. When it was released, I heard nothing but good things - coming from some of the biggest critics I know - my friends. Gadget and I went to school with a TON of comic geeks who are pretty particular on how these movies are handled. When I heard THEM say good things, I knew we were going to have to see for ourselves.

So, Monday was payday, so we decided to go off and see it last night. Gadget really wanted to see it in IMAX 3D, so an arm and a leg later, I had the tickets. I sat through this movie, and I only have one thing to say - IT. WAS. AWESOME!!

Not only was the movie pretty - it was very nicely executed. No one person really stole the show - though IronMan and Hulk came kinda close - key moments and humor was evenly distributed throughout the characters. As a lover of IronMan, Robert Downey Jr., and that suit - every time it came on screen, I just wanted to reach out and touch it. And Loki!? Oh wow. I hated him - HATED him in Thor. He was so badass in this movie. I won't turn this into a really long review, but I absolutely loved this movie.

I highly recommend this movie to anyone that hasn't seen it.

Have you seen it? What did you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...