about me     |     art     |     design     |     diy     |     tutorials     |     links     |     portfolio     |     shop     |     contact

Date Day: Air & Space Museum and Star Trek!!

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

This past weekend, Gadget and I went out on a Day-Date. We KNEW we were seeing Star Trek - when and where were the only questions. Yes, ladies and gentlemen, we are Trekkies/Trekkers. He got me into Star Trek when we first started dating, and has had me watching it every since. We went and saw the 2009 Star Trek movie together (and then I went with a friend to see it again as my very first IMAX movie).

I knew this movie was going to be epic, and it's definitely one of those movies we were willing to pay a extra couple of dollars to see in IMAX. There is an 3D-IMAX theatre really close to our house, but I wanted this to be my first TRUE IMAX experience - you know, the SUPER GIANT screen?! The only one close to us is at the Air & Space Museum out in Dulles, VA - which isn't too far away (and apparently, it's the biggest projection screen in Virginia?).

We made a day of it - we got to the museum early, grabbed our tickets and walked around until the movie started. After the movie, we went to Boston Market and headed home. (It was my first Boston Market experience too!)

I won't give any spoilers, but it was EPIC... we loved it, and we're definitely going back next weekend to see it in 3D IMAX.

Here are some shots from the day - half of these are from my iPhone, the other half are from Gadget and the Canon.



Anyone seen Star Trek Into Darkness yet? What did you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...