about me     |     art     |     design     |     diy     |     tutorials     |     links     |     portfolio     |     shop     |     contact

A Night in Georgetown

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

A few days ago I got an email from Fandango that included 2 free passes to an early screening of Snow White & the Huntsman. The movie theatre was nowhere NEAR my house, but it was near the college I went to so I went on a metro adventure.

Its been 3 YEARS since I graduated... Which is crazy to me. Of course, there's barely anybody left that I know there. I was hoping to see someone and see if they wanted to go with me, but everyone I DID know had class. So I went alone. I took one of the connector buses into Georgetown instead of walking because it was a thousand degrees outside, and a good half hour walk. Also, as someone who takes a ton of buses all the time, that Georgetown Connector bus is the coolest looking bus (on the inside).

I was hoping to get into Georgetown early enough to stop by Georgetown Cupcake, but by the time I got there, I needed to run to the theatre to try and get a good seat. The place was packed! It was a good thing I went alone because I wouldn't have been able to find 2 seats together. I had about 40 minutes to burn, so I pulled out my sketchbook and started doodlin' things.

Stay tuned tomorrow for my review of the movie.
Read my review of the movie here.

After the movie, Gadget and I had planned on him picking me up on his way home from work. Well, he left super late so I had a lot of time to kill. I started waiting on the bus and saw a little shop across the street, Pinkberry - I had no idea what it was, but the colors of the store and logo reminded me of a smoothie or yogurt place. I looked it up on my phone, and turns out, it was a frozen yogurt place. And they were open until 2 am. I went and got myself a Peanut Butter yogurt with shaved belgian milk chocolate, sweet bites of yogurt flavored chips, and juicy raspberries. It was delicious.

I hung out on their outside patio for a while, drawing some more. When I was done, I went back to the bus stop and that's when the insanity started. Some guy barreled through a left turn on a red light and was six inches away from hitting me and some other lady in the crosswalk. When I got to the bus stop, there was this loud crash as two young girls in a UHaul turned a corner and sideswiped a car. The car was in rough shape - broken windows and everything. I'd hate to be that owner and come out and see that...

I hopped on the bus back and Gadget had told me to hang out at Starbucks until he came through... they were closed. I went back to my school, which was also closed, so I sat in front and talked on the phone with my Grandma until I got picked up.

Overall, pretty interesting adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...