about me     |     art     |     design     |     diy     |     tutorials     |     links     |     portfolio     |     shop     |     contact

Favorites : Thirteen

Friday, April 13, 2012


Happy Friday the 13th everyone!  

My soon-to-be-step-brother's birthday is today.  He and his brother were both born on Friday the 13th - one in April, the other in August. Happy Birthday Bryan (he just had baby #2 the other day too)!

I normally don't have any bad luck - usually just the opposite.  I hope today follows suit with that.  I noticed when I started writing this post that I left my wedding ring at home.  I always take it off when I take a shower, and this morning I left it in the bathroom.  I feel naked without it - I'm constantly reaching over and touching it throughout the day.  





 
A //     This great weather cracked numbers on a bright yellow wall.
B //     A great design poster series by Foreign Policy Design called 13 wives.
C //    This charm set
D //     An adorable Custom Lucky Number Paper Ring from Steph1000r's Etsy shop


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 


Also, today's Fun Facts - all Friday the 13th related, of course: 

1 // According to folklorists, there is no written evidence for a "Friday the 13th" superstition before the 19th century.

2 // The fear of Friday the 13th has been called friggatriskaidekaphobia, or paraskevidekatriaphobia.

3 // The longest period that can occur without a Friday the 13th is fourteen months.

4 // The 13th day of the month is slightly more likely to be a Friday than any other day of the week.


5 // The Dutch Centre for Insurance Statistics (CVS) on June 12, 2008, stated that "fewer accidents and reports of fire and theft occur when the 13th of the month falls on a Friday than on other Fridays, because people are preventatively more careful or just stay home.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 


What about you guys?  Do you believe Friday the 13th to be unlucky?  

Thanks for visiting ya'll. Have a great weekend!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...